humidity

uhhh

Hi, I am planning to pick up my first leopard gecko this Saturday hit after setting the tank up i noticed the humidity is quite high between 70%-80%. Prior research suggests that the tank should be 30%-40% and not sure on the best way to decrease the humidity without buying a dehumidifier

Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I never worry about humidity. As long as you're not spraying the tank don't worry about it. I live in New England with no AC so it gets pretty humid in the summer and we all do fine. In addition, if you're using one of those humidity dials with a needle, it probably isn't accurate.

Aliza

Alistan

I live in a relatively dry climate. Your substrate can also influence your humidity. If you are using a soil of some kind. It will be slightly moist/humid right out of the bag. I use reptisoil for parts of my adult females enclosure. When first placed like after a big cleaning, humidity will be higher like you described. For me, it takes about 3 days for it to dry out. During this time I monitor temperatures more closely, making sure they are warm enough.

Visit our friends