Humidity

Klogue1

I'm thinking about getting my own crestie finally :) Mom is even hinting maybe getting me one for my birthday... I'll have to "hint" to her who I want to order from or she'll end up buying a pet store one... She still doesn't understand the difference :main_rolleyes: I've just always loved cresties and their gentle disposition yet never owned one. Only ever seen them in pet store haha.

Anyways, have been doing lots of research but still confused on the humidity factor. I've read an average 60-80% is good from most of the care sheets, but I've been reading about how you should only have high humidity at night and let it dry during the day (unless it's a juvenile)? So, if I give it a good nightly misting before the lights go out, then let it be during the day (considering it's not a juvenile and the humidity stays in range), is that fine? I assume by the time the next night comes along the humidity should have gone down to say 50-60%, correct?

Oh and sorry for the questions, but also just curious about weight. I noticed that cresties don't weigh near as much as leopards (I think), from what I've read they stay around 20-30 grams at adult? The weight wasn't talked about much in any of the sheets I read so not sure. I just wanted to know what a healthy hatchling, juvenile and adult weight would probably be :) I probably won't go for a hatchling though, that's more for knowledge/curiosity sake.

Thanks guys and sorry for all the q's!

houseb

My hubby and I just got our first crestie, so I'm not really going to be able to help you out tons, but I'll share what we have found out. First, we got a juvie, so we mist twice a day (morning lightly, and heavily at night) and it will usually get to about down to 55% humidity just before we mist again at night. We were told by the breeder that letting it air dry a bit helps prevent mold/fungus which can be harmful to your crestie. As for the weight, I'm really not sure; I would think the breeder that you get yours from can help you out with that. I've read that cresties can really vary in size as adults, so it might be helpful to get info on your crestie's parents (some get really chunky). Be prepared to fall in love with your crestie, they are super cute....we're already making plans to get another one in the future. Good luck and gratz on the crestie (and Happy Future Birthday):D

Visit our friends