Humidity

AmyChris

What should the humidity level be for a AFT? I was reading and one site said it should be high and another said just a hide with moss and not to mist the tank. I got a fogger and put a spliter on it so most the fog goes into the tree frogs and a little into the gecko tank. Its on a timer and it goes on 5 times a day for 3o mins. Is this ok for them? Their in a 20 long so most the fog stays to one side. I like moss in my frog tank and gecko tank but dont like how they can eat it when going for crickets so I started making a moss wall to use as the backgound on their tanks so they have something to hold the moisture but they cant eat. Will this be ok for the geckos or will it be to much humidity for them?

Amy

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Constant humidity for Fat Tails isn't a good idea. How much misting one needs to do varies on where you live, and what type of enclosure you are keeping it it. Since your Fatty is in a 20L I awesome it has a screen lid. Aquariums are terrible at keeping in constant temperatures and humidity. If you havnt done so already, I suggest you cover off 75%+ of the lid with aluminum foil or a towel.

Misting half the tank once a day if uncovered or every 2-3 days (if covered) along with a humid hide is usually sufficient.

You can also build a lid for your tank which is the BEST thing to do. Here is one I build for trio of baby ackie monitors 20L tank:
get-attachment-1aspx.jpg

Hope this helps! :main_thumbsup:

AmyChris

Yes this has helped. I will take the fogger out but will the moss wall be ok to do? He is in a glass tank with a screen top so I will cover some up like u said and give him a hide with the moss. Also forgot to add that he has a small waterfall in there as well which will probably be coming out when I add his girls and new hide.

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I don't see a problem with a moss back or the waterfall even (it will help keep the humidity levels up without having wet conditions). I am glad I was able to help.

Visit our friends