"Hunting grounds"

mikedf13

Hi all.. my guy seems to ignore bowls or jars but can be tong fed and will hunt. I am considering making a hunting area in my tank. My idea would be a warm hide where there is an opening on each end but one end has a lip.. the other end does not have a lip but could fit a 3 sided feeding area where I would place the worms/dubias. In this way, the worms an dubias can roam the small area and allow Henry Rose to hunt. However, the worms and dubias would not have many places to hide, if at all. Just a thought that crossed my mind today

mikedf13

I'll try to get some :) I'm going to make a more permanent one. ATM it's a hide and a cardboard box
I'm thinking a custom hide with Lincoln logs or legos

mikedf13

So, the lego is the new hide - the front section is the feeding section. I have a section on the right that has paper towel - that is her litter box and the entrance is on the left. She hasn't used the hide yet - just went into her moist hide

Attachments

• 20210813_221141.jpg
    20210813_221141.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6

Wyspie

The Lego hide! I LOVE it! I may potentially swipe your idea and make something like that for Hali. She loves to hunt, too, so this would be a great idea for her!

Visit our friends