I am such a wuss

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
I cut my finger last night making a collar for a customer.

I use an X-acto knife, and I guess I thought that I wasn't all the way through the leather, so I kept pushing the knife down. And my finger slid right down the blade.:(

And I panicked because, I swear, I'm a wuss.
Anytime I cut myself, I SWEAR I need stitches. And that just panics me even more.

It bled pretty bad and took me FOREVER to get the bleeding to stop.
And I was shaking, and my heart was racing, and I thought I was going to bleed to death.

But my husband wrapped it tightly in, like, 3 band-aids, and it eventually stopped bleeding.
But I had to hold my hand up above my head just to get the throbbing, stinging pain to subside some.
I had to do this for, like, 2 hours.

And today it sure is feeling bruised and painful.

And I'm "out of commission" as far as collar-making goes until my finger heals.
And that sucks. Because I'm going to get behind on orders.:(
And I am very fearful to pull the band-aids off and even look at the cut.
I KNOW it's going to be blood-stained. UGH.

[ / rant]

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Ouch! Yup! That would definitely be a freak-out point for me, too.
I hope it heals up quickly for you, Rebecca, so you don't fall terribly behind.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Cuts like that are the worst! You're not a wuss. I got my self with a pair of pliers while making earrings the other day and it actually made me a little nauseous. It didn't even break the skin, just left a blood blister. LOL Hope your finger heals fast!

adam&nikki

use electrical tape there is sumthin in the adhesive that helps cuts heal very fast i learnd this while doing eletrical work in the past and has never faild me yet it leaves very lil scar tissue as well

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
Thanks, guys.

hahahaha, I'm such a wuss.

I do NOT want to use super glue, Robin!!!:main_laugh:

And I definitely am NOT pouring alcohol on it!

It didn't look that bad when I took the band-aid off.
But it's not ready to close completely up yet. So I will be keeping a band-aid on it for a bit.

robin

put super glue on it. i tell you it will seal right up!

also are you up on your tetanus?

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Ya will probably half to keep a band aid on for 2 or even 3 weeks. cuts like that with such sharp objects weather it be a good paper cut or an exacto knife take for ever to heal because they are such clean cuts neither side of the wound has anything to bound back to.

Chewbecca

www.ellaslead.com
Well, I cut myself on a rope burning knife once.
Just the year before last.
It's this hot blade that we heat up and use to cut our ropes for our leashes we make.
My husband used it and left it on the side of the counter next to the stove.
I was cooking dinner, and the spatula slipped in the pan while I was stirring some ground beef, and my pinky finger went straight down on the blade.

Again, I thought I was going to bleed to death and that the nasty would SURELY needed stitches. I was also positive that if I looked at it I would find my pinky finger hanging on by a thin piece of skin.

But that one actually healed up pretty fast to my amazement.

Visit our friends