I can put it to rest now - GOOD non-eclipse pics!

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Whew...I finally got the camera to capture the pupils today. It was driving me NUTS because I know they're there. These pics are very accurate to what is seen in good lighting. I'm hoping they stay this dark....even though they aren't eclipse, I think they're pretty darn cool looking.

Anyone else have some dark eyed leos like this? None of my other leos come even close to being this dark. Jeremy mentioned someone, and I can't remember the name for the life of me.

Also, looks like it's going into shed as well. From the looks of it, the bands are about to start breaking up. All in all, it just a healthy, pretty little leo; and that makes me happy!

Last edited:

o0 Ryan 0o

Administrator
Staff member
Most non albino leos always hatch with dark eyes, and they always have those two little slits forming the grey skinny elipse shape. The darkness goes away with age and their eyes start looking veiny with the various shades of grey. I see this all the time on younger tang babies that are for sale.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Heehee...don't let those big dark eyes fool you....it's a total spaz! I think it'll be a sweet gecko once it gets past the "OMG it's gonna EAT ME!" stage.

Visit our friends