I can't tell for sure, but...

Matthieu Adams

Alright so I've read up that leopard gecko males can be insanely territorial as adults. This, of course concerns me since I took in two juveniles from another owner. She wasn't able to tell what sex they were.

Although they are juvies, it isn't impossible to find the traits of sexual dimorphism. At the current moment they are pretty small (only about 4" from head to tail) but they don't seem to be males, neither of them seem so. No preanal pores, no hemiphemes, none of that.

Despite this, I worry for Bill and Ted. The two are relatively inseparable (they like sharing hides) and they were born from the same clutch. I'm not sure how this will work out because two of the three options aren't ideal.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You won't be able to tell (and they won't care) till they're at least 20 grams. There are some stories that male geckos kept together from early days until maturity where they are never in sight or smelling range of a female will do well together, but I've had 2 instances with different species where one male hassled the other eventually. Start looking for another cage!

Aliza

Visit our friends