i got eggs!!!

thom_fish

well how excited do i want to be...my first ever clutch!!!!

but i dont want to get too far ahead of myself as i know there is much work to be done. but i have a few questions which i would love people to answer if possible.

1) the eggs were stuck together. i didnt unstick them as i didnt want to damage them. any advice?

2) what do i do with my male and female now? separate them? keep them together?

3) do the eggs need air to breath? i have them in an airtight container so i dont loose mositure. should this be okay?

thanks guys and woohoo!

bittner_344

www.theurbanreptile.com
congrats!! now its the hard part....WAITING!!

2) you do not need to seperate the male and female if this is there first clutch.
3) the container needs altleast 1-2 hole letting out some moisture, too much moisture and the eggs will be no good.... only poke them about the size of a small screw. and air them out every other day, or every two days.

hope this helped!
-brett

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Hmmm... well, since this is on the Knobtail Forum, I have different advise. I would separate the male and female as this specie tends to stress out during breeding/egging. I would not separate the eggs, though! Incubate the eggs at 80 degrees in 1 part vermiculite or perlite to 0.8 parts water, and if you do use an airtight container, you can open it every week or so for air exchange.

thom_fish

thanks for the advice everyone. i will separate them tonight for a little while. i might keep him in a smaller container within the larger tank. i have yet to see them fight at all but i really wanna see her gain some weight now so it might be eaiser to take a track of it this way.

i have not separted the eggs however i did make two small holes in the lid. after a week, if i find they are too dry i will simply replace the lid but i am trying to to disturb them anymore right now. i hope my moisture is correct with the vermilucite...i guess we will soon see.

i have also heard that the first clutch they lay can often be infertile. does anyone know if this is the case?

Visit our friends