I hate intros.

G

Geeko

But I'll do one anyways. :D

I'm new to posting here, but have read here for a while.

I'm new to leos, but not new to lizards in general.

I have two recently aquired leopard geckos, named Muriel and Eustace (my son is a fan of Courage, the Cowardly Dog)

In turn I am also the proud owner of a large container full of 1000 mealworms that *REALLY* grosses me out.

I am very active in fostering and animal placement, specifically parrots, but lately I've had a large run on cats. So there is a wide variety of animals in and out of my home at any given time. All are treated as pets, live in the home. I can do a proper intro of all of my current animals, but I'd imagine it would get too long or boring.

So for now I'll just show my geckos & beardie:

Muriel
muriel7.jpg

Eustace
eustace1.jpg

And Bowser, the "upright" beardie. (he likes to stand like a human) :main_rolleyes:
bowser27.jpg

bowser24.jpg

Z

ZEKE

welcome to the forum! you have some nice looking animal. your beardie is cute! does he stand like that by himself?

G

Geeko

Thanks for the welcomes!

Bowser has to have something to hold himself up, but he does it on his own, nobody poses him. I imagine he won't be able to do it forever, as he gets bigger, and bulkier. For now, it's just really cute. :D

G

Geeko

Glad everyone likes Bow. He's such a ham. He just finished shedding, and he is turning out to have lots of orange to him. His breeder tells me his mother was orange, his father red. (or vice versa, i can never remember) so he is supposed to color brightly when he gets his adult coloring. Doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I like him no matter what. I'm just anxious to see how he turns out. :D

I'm fighting a losing battle with my geckos. They were supposedly on gutloaded crix at the breeders, yet I watched them for several nights in a row chase and lunge, but never catch any. So I started feeding mealworms. Muriel still wasn't eating, so she has me "trained" to tweezer-feed her mealworms every night at lights out. :main_rolleyes: I'm not sure how to break her of that, at this point. But for now I just want to keep her fed up. I think being albinos, their eyesight suffers. They have to bop everything with their nose before they eat it, which is another reason I think they couldn't catch crix.

I'm sure I'll be looking for lots of advice as time goes on with them.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Welcome! You've got a nice group of lizards there. I'm sure once the Leos settle in they'll start eating by themselves. But then again they already have you trained so maybe not! LOL I look forward to seeing more pics of them and the rest of your crew.

Visit our friends