I have a question about Calcium for my leos.

lgh593

Hello people.
I`ve been using Zoo med`s Multivitamin w/o D3 and T-rex Calcium with D3 for my leos; however, I`ve bought Zoo Med`s reptile calcium w/o D3 today.
I`ve been dusting the multivitamin w/o D3 once per week and 3 times per week the Calcium with D3. Now, my question is, how often do I should dust calcium w/o D3 with mealworms? :main_rolleyes:
Could you please give me a piece of advice aobut dusting schedule? Actually, I think, my dusting schedule is not proper.(My leos are juveniles and babies.)

Last edited:

Stl_Greaser

I use the Repashy Superfoods calcium with ICB marketed by T-Rex for all of my dusting needs. It cuts out need all the other bottles and I dust every to every other feeding. I may dust every day for a while and the skip a day or two. Keep and eye on the waste produced by the gecko if the urates start to turn a little yellow it usually means too much calcium!

BGalloway

Your dusting schedule seems fine to me, I used almost the exact same schedule when mine was a juvenile (the only difference is that some weeks he'd get 2 days of multivitamin).
I'd put the Ca w/o D3 in the calcium dish in the tank so the geckos can pick and choose when they want it. If you want to add it to your dusting schedule maybe swap out one Ca with D3 day for a Ca w/o D3 day?

Visit our friends