i like hets

robin

back in the day hets were kinda a pain in the buttocks. breed two single gene combo together like a het bell x het bell or het bell x bell you didn't know if you were going to get all normals hets, possible hets or bells (depending on the what you bred to what) but you could end up with 20 babies either 66 percent possible het or 50 percent or 100 percent all normals. you kinda get the idea.

but now a days its rather fun to work with hets because you can get hets for multiple traits and all the babies you will get are going to be different.

i will admit for "project" geckos hets are very fun (because you are trying to do something different) but now for some reason i really dig hets that are for multiple traits. why buy the cow when you can make your own plus other stuff?

so yeah maybe you are not at the forefront making the newest things, trying to make boo coos of money (which most people wont) but at least you are having fun :D

i hope this all makes sense its early for me and i am not all that awake and such.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
On a different level, I like geckos het Blizzard more than Blizzards... ;)

Gotta love those speckles!

Big Momma chowing down on some shed...

p1100594.jpg

Two beautiful MS het BBB...

p1090453nf5.jpg

Last edited:

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
I agree with you Robin :)

I mean Raptor x Raptor gives you Raptors and more Raptors and everytime one hatches you are like oh cool.... its a Raptor...... after the 20th one huh?

Tangerine het Raptor x Raptor and the Eclipses come with Tang hets and Aptors and life becomes a little more like a box of chocolates instead of a Hershey bar :)

Also, some of the best geckos I have seen came from het pairings...

paulnj

All I can say is 99% of animals out there originated from het pairings and 75 % of my projects are hets.

robin

Nathan exactly!

paul, you are definitely right and i am very happy for your hets and that i may get some ;)

chris, thats what i am talking about

also in some cases hets can make it possible for the people who can not afford the more expensive morphs to make them, themselves!

robin

paul i decided a LONG time ago i wouldn't make any "robins" or "het robins". i think that might be a bad idea :robin:

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
On a different level, I like geckos het Blizzard more than Blizzards... ;)

Gotta love those speckles!

Big Momma chowing down on some shed...

p1100594.jpg

I HATE it when you post pictures of that gecko... That is BY FAR one of my favorite blizzard hets... Damn you man! lol

As for the hets thing... I love hets!

I have 3 geckos that I am so excited about! One is a patternless stripe, eclipse, 66% het. Rainwater, 50% het. Murphy patternless. Another that is a Stripe, eclipse, 66% het. Rainwater and 50% het. Murphy patternless. Last, A revers stripe, Mack snow, eclipse, 66% het. Rainwater and 50% het. Murphy patternless. They are all going to be bred to a Murphy patternless, Rainwater albino.

I cant help but think of all the wild patterns and colors I will get from these girls! The fact that I have no idea if they are het. for Rainwater or Murphy patternless makes it that much more exciting!

I will be up all night thinking about it now... Thanks a lot -.-

Last edited:

CREATIVE GECKO

I agree with you Robin :)

I mean Raptor x Raptor gives you Raptors and more Raptors and everytime one hatches you are like oh cool.... its a Raptor...... after the 20th one huh?

Tangerine het Raptor x Raptor and the Eclipses come with Tang hets and Aptors and life becomes a little more like a box of chocolates instead of a Hershey bar :)

Also, some of the best geckos I have seen came from het pairings...

thats what im talking about nate:main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends