I need Help...having problems!!

A

al56299n

i just got my second female leopard gecko and Im thinking about going to the new england reptile expo in nov and getting another female. Would it be ok to house 3 females in one tank? Also, In july I went to the local pet store and felt so bad for the leopard gecko I saw, i immedietally bought him. I didnt ask how old the gecko but it was extremely small so i figured it recently hatched. I just received my new gecko from vmsherp and it said that it hatched in july, but the thing is that it is much(and i mean MUCH) bigger than the gecko I bought at the pet store. I figured they should be the same age since they were born approx in july. what could be wrong?? Also, I dont have a moist hide box in my 20 gallon tank, but when I notice my gecko is shedding, I put her into a moist box with moist paper towels for 30 minutes, until I see she is fully shed..is this the right way to do this? I appreciate all the responses guys!! I also dont see my gecko drinking from her water dish, I hope she could find it :(

Last edited by a moderator:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
i just got my second female leopard gecko and Im thinking about going to the new england reptile expo in nov and getting another female. Would it be ok to house 3 females in one tank? Also, In july I went to the local pet store and felt so bad for the leopard gecko I saw, i immedietally bought him. I didnt ask how old the gecko but it was extremely small so i figured it recently hatched. I just received my new gecko from vmsherp and it said that it hatched in july, but the thing is that it is much(and i mean MUCH) bigger than the gecko I bought at the pet store. I figured they should be the same age since they were born approx in july. what could be wrong?? Also, I dont have a moist hide box in my 20 gallon tank, but when I notice my gecko is shedding, I put her into a moist box with moist paper towels for 30 minutes, until I see she is fully shed..is this the right way to do this? I appreciate all the responses guys!! I also dont see my gecko drinking from her water dish, I hope she could find it :(

--the New England reptile expo is in October , 10/3 (I live in New England and living room is an ongoing reptile expo with lots of leos for sale . . .)
--3 females in one tank, assuming it's a 20 gallon long, is pushing it a bit unless you make a second level which is not that hard to do (use search function; I posted a picture of mine recently). Remember that a new gecko will need to be quarantined for a month first.

--I have a gecko born 8/29 who weighs 15 grams and a gecko born 6/5 who weighs 9 grams. They grow at different weights and have different genetic heritages. The pet store one also did not receive as good care as the one bought privately

--geckos appreciate a moist hide in the tank because they like to use it other times, but it's not wrong to have it separately

Let us know if you have any questions.

Aliza

roger

i use a clean margarine container filled with moist vermiculitein it with a hole on top for her to climb in.I leave it in there.I keep it on the cool end.They need the coolness along with heat whichever they choose

Visit our friends