i need some ideas

Samantha

hey im doing my seinor prodject on my geckos...i need some ideas on how to make levels in the tank i have and if u have made stuff post ur pics and comments its all welcome i need ideas and advice

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Is this a glass or a melamine faced contiboard tank? Either way you could put another level up on legs in the tank and have a ramp leading up.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
You could allways get some melamine faced contiboard, and make a half second level for the geckos, wouldn't be hard, four legs, probably 6 inches off the ground, screw them into the top part of the contiboard, and make a stepped ramp leading up to the second floor, you could allways make little cubicle hides and rectangle hides with gaps in from left over contiboard, Get some iron on edging tape, only problem would be changing the paper towels in the hides incase they decide to use one as a pooping spot.
Suppose could allways unscrew the top. Thats my idea anyways. Not much use as it would be pretty plain.

Angel

we made a level out of wood and covered it with natural fibre carpet {kinda like fake turf} theres a picture of it kinda if you go to the picture page its shoguns home http://geckedout.shutterfly.com/ was really easy made a ramp going up, his tank i really tall so we will prob add another level the same way just going up from the top level.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here's mine. The "feet" are ceramic tubes I made but you can use dowels with PVC bottoms. There are 2 tiles which sandwich a mini UTH so there's heat on the top level:

geckoUpstairs.jpg

One thing to remember, is not to put hides under the top level since it's a pain to have to extract geckos from there (I have changed my set-up since this picture was taken). My current enclosures have the water and poop area under the second level.

Aliza

Samantha

wow i like the tile and under tank heater sandwich im defentanly gonna use that idea nvr would have thought of it on my own...all my hides im makeing out of red ceramic clay in art class so it should look kewl when its all done

Visit our friends