I think my leopard gecko have...

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
When he refused to eat so i tried force feed him i pry his mouth gently open and saw black roof. is this rot mouth or? leopard gecko have part of it?

I dont know what to do anymore. But i wanna have a pictures to make sure that it dont have of mouth rots etcs

All problem he refused to eat. just refused to eat. sigh,

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
How long has he been off feeding? I wouldn't pry their mouth open to force food down his throat unless it is REALLY desperate. When you do that, it'll make him more stressful, which in turn will make him less wanting to eat.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
How long has he been off feeding? I wouldn't pry their mouth open to force food down his throat unless it is REALLY desperate. When you do that, it'll make him more stressful, which in turn will make him less wanting to eat.

I dont shove it in thoat. He refused to eat for like a week. It was weird. but it happened to me before when he was showing sign of shedding.

prettyprincess3690

If it's only been a week, and he isn't losing any weight/appears to be healthy, I'd just leave him alone for a bit...sometimes they stop eating when they're about to shed, which could definitely be the case.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
If it's only been a week, and he isn't losing any weight/appears to be healthy, I'd just leave him alone for a bit...sometimes they stop eating when they're about to shed, which could definitely be the case.

Thank you . that's all i want to know. :(

I will just wait and see.

He is doing fine but i caught him drinking water. didnt eat. but i leave some mealworms in dish. it was only 5 but he didnt take a snack. :( Hope .

When they shed then how long that they would go shed again?

JordanAng420

They generally shed once a month as adults...as hatchlings, it's much more often. Something more like every 2 weeks or so for babies in my experiance. Also, they DO have some large veins on the roof of their mouth, and it's normally supposed to be a purplish kind of color...the veins sometimes highlight the blackish color. What you are seeing is probably normal.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
They generally shed once a month as adults...as hatchlings, it's much more often. Something more like every 2 weeks or so for babies in my experiance. Also, they DO have some large veins on the roof of their mouth, and it's normally supposed to be a purplish kind of color...the veins sometimes highlight the blackish color. What you are seeing is probably normal.

Thanks for info :) Really? My leo is not skinny because he still have a full belly maybe drinking from water? i guess. That what i see color like purple. But how can you tell if it have mouth rot? like lips or inside?

JordanAng420

Mouth Rot, or Stomatitis, is usually seen both internally and externally on the mouth...most of the time you will see yellow or green pus in the mouth....red, swollen or bleeding areas surrounding the pus...for lack of a better way to describe it, it looks like dried up crusty boogers sitting on the inside and outside of the mouth. It's yucky...and sometimes it smells.

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
Mouth Rot, or Stomatitis, is usually seen both internally and externally on the mouth...most of the time you will see yellow or green pus in the mouth....red, swollen or bleeding areas surrounding the pus...for lack of a better way to describe it, it looks like dried up crusty boogers sitting on the inside and outside of the mouth. It's yucky...and sometimes it smells.
I see. whew. My leo didnt have one. it didnt show of reddish around outside and inside mouths. nothing. he is just fine and runs. Weird. But thanks for the info! :D That's all i wants to know!

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?

Even, He didnt smell. :O

Visit our friends