Ideas on how to build a second level

Arctic16

Hello all,

I recently moved my two geckos in together for the first time into a 20 Long tank. I am interested in building a second level to the tank and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas/suggestion on how to do this. How can I add a second floor? I was thinking maybe adding a hammock too would be useful. Do geckos use these reptile hammocks?

S

SLY

Haha, thanks hayden.

Mine's definitely one way to do it. If you're looking for something cheaper, you could try raising up a tile piece with 4 wooden dowel pieces. Or something similar. Or find a good flat piece of rock and set it up securely.

Look around the housing forum. You'll find stuff.

Arctic16

Hmmm both ways seems really interesting. I do have a lot of time so I might go the foam route, although I do have spare tile lying around. Might be a good use for it. Thanks for the replies everyone.

PS I love the avatar, I'm drinking a Guiness right now actually haha.

moosassah

To take the easy route out, check out the fish accessories sections of the pet stores. They often have great pieces that you could use. Be sure to check out how the pieces would look if you turn them on their side or even upside down. One thing to be careful about is holes in the bases. I fill mine with eco earth just so they can't crawl up inside.

The rare earth magnets will give you lots options if you're willing to build ledges. Then you can mount them to the sides of the tank...most likely for a lot less than the $19.99 I just shelled out for a crestie feeding ledge...it sure looks cool though, lol.

Visit our friends