If Leopard Gecko was...

GrimmyX15

Mkay-um?
Would you prefer leopard gecko if it is loss of tail or full tail?

I prefers all. because they look best than tails or full tails

maybe Crested geckos as well.

Do You have Geckos that lost their tails. and love them? or Bought them at online ?? (pictures please!)

If you dont want loss of tails leopard gecko? why?

I want your opinons. :)

JordanAng420

I don't own a leo with a regenerated tail, but I would definately buy one if I liked it enough!

On the other hand, I think I would be extremely upset if one of my children lost their tail. One of the things I like the most about them is their tails, and all of mine have big, beautiful healthy tails. So, i'd be pretty upset, but like John said, it's just part of nature and sometimes there's nothing you can do to prevent it.

prettyprincess3690

I'd probably be upset initially for health reasons (infection and such) but I wouldn't care about the appearance; as long as my gecko stayed healthy in the regeneration process it would be fine:)

BGalloway

Proud mama of a gecko with a regrown tail. He's my first and only and I love him! No new pictures becasue I'm at work. He was bought with the tail gone so I have some ADORABLE regrowing tail pictures(think they're posted already somewhere).
I agree with Rachel about worring about health things if the tail fell off, also if they had a nice fat tail and lost the whole thing, but otherwise there's nothing keeping a leo with a regrown tail form being just like any other leo.

clegault

I just got a new baby (most likely female) and the day after I got her she lost part of her tail... not sure how and its too early to tell how the regrowth will turn out. She is my only leo whos lost part of a tail and in this case it 100% suits her, shes a very spunky lil snow ready to take on the world and the dropped tail just adds to her unique character!

L-G-C

More than just leos now
Well, I have 2 geckos with part of their tail regenerated. Here are the pics.

Last edited:

greedo11

I would love my Greedo, tail or no tail, but I have regular nightmares that she loses it!! Its such a part of her I would be a bit upset, its a beautiful tail poss over an inch thick, and I think she would miss it too! However as long as shes healthy Im happy!
I would of course worry about infection.
As for buying a gecko with tail loss, yeah it wouldnt make much difference to me. Even if it grew back looking a little strange, it would be a unique feature to that gecko. :)

Visit our friends