IF YOU DONT KNOW

doublet74

It seems to me there are alot of new members that are passing along BAD care techniques. " IF YOU DONT KNOW AN ANSWER, ITS REAL SIMPLE, DONT RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!! " You are going to kill or seriously injure someones reptile. SO if you havnt done it personally keep it to yourself. THANK YOU

Last edited:

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
I think some people are unaware that the information they give out is 'wrong'. It might be better if you politely pm'd the offenders and educate them on their mistakes.

doublet74

I think some people are unaware that the information they give out is 'wrong'. It might be better if you politely pm'd the offenders and educate them on their mistakes.

I agree. BUT that is why I posted this on the Rant forum. And not in the general forum. Im not looking to start a fight just maybe try and make people think before they post.

leezard

You can learn an awful lot by listening (or in our cases reading) .. sometimes keeping your mouth shut is the biggest teacher of all, unfortunately in the wired world we live in a small amount of information makes many people think they know it all, as we too often see on this site.

Sadly the other thing we seem to have lost in this wired world is a bit of tact. It really seems to show it's ugly face here A LOT.

Russellm0704

That is a great idea and i have always wanted to do that. The only thing is that I am afraid that they will just get defensive and turn it into a big argument. No matter how many care sheets or threads you can link them to, they are always somehow in disbelief of the correct and vital info.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
That is a great idea and i have always wanted to do that. The only thing is that I am afraid that they will just get defensive and turn it into a big argument. No matter how many care sheets or threads you can link them to, they are always somehow in disbelief of the correct and vital info.

Arguing doesnt work.
I think a short polite correction is all you need. If they come back at you, ignore it.

ceduke

It makes me think of the guy at Petsmart who tried to refuse to sell me my leo because I wouldn't buy a UV lamp. -_- He obviously meant well, but....

Dimidiata

The problem is that people dont know what they say is wrong. As far as they know they are right and have every intent on helping the OP. Say you were raised to think 1+2=4 and then someone asked you what 1+2= and you said 4. Then someone yelled at you saying you were wrong. The key is to educate at every turn and just correct people, if someone isnt made aware they have false knowledge, how can they improve.

Visit our friends