Im going to make a hatchling rack

thegeckoguy23

you can use a 6 q but a 12 would be alot easier because room for the hide and the dishes i have adults i use to have a 16q rack but now i have a 41q rack because i hold some different animals in my rack so i have a good place for most animals or for some animals temp but if i were you i would use a 12 quort

Landen

LSReptiles
Just remember that the 6qt is only good until the gecko is about 2-3 months old then it tends to get too small for them.

I'd agree. I have two racks of 6qt tubs and they grow out of them so quick. I've got other racks of 16 qt tubs for my adults and they do great in those, just a few of the biggest seem to need a bit more room but they're fat and happy. I'm about to build a new one and I'd recommend to use some tubs that will hold them longer than the 6's do. Unless you have something to move them into as they grow.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I agree, I just build another hatchling rack and decided to try 12s instead of 6s just to make things a bit more versatile. I keep clutchmates(2) in each 12(right now they're being kept singly just because I have a little extra space before the baby flood comes) and then split them up individually once they hit 10-15 grams or so. Juvies can stay in 12s until they get 20-25 grams then they should be moved to an adult size bin(I use 15qts cleverstores).

Visit our friends