Incubator Question

L-G-C

More than just leos now
Okay, when I bought my reptile rack the guy gave me an incubator and its a Hova-Bator. I heard these don't work well for leopard geckos. Is this true?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
from my experience and speaking with breeders, many find this is one of the best incubators TO use for leopard gecko eggs, however this is just IMO, you would have to test it out and see if it works for you, or if the guy has given you a dud bator.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
well check the heating elements are all in order, set it up to your temp, get a max min thermometer and check to see if there are any major fluctuations that will kill the eggs.
and then watch to make sure it keeps a steady temp.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
The hobovator will work best with 2 additions, one free and one around $100:

the free one: put a double bagged gallon ziploc of water on the very bottom to help stabilize the temperatures

the costly one: buy a proportional thermostat. There is a reasonable priced one at Big Apple Herp, and probably other places as well. This kind of thermostat is like a thermostat on a dimmer. It doesn't just go on and off, but can be a certain amount on aqnd off depending on the temperatures.

I have been using the hobovator successfully for 5 seasons, though I'm considering upgrading to an incubator that will both heat and cool so it doesn't have to spend the summer in the basement.

ALiza

L-G-C

More than just leos now
The hobovator will work best with 2 additions, one free and one around $100:

the free one: put a double bagged gallon ziploc of water on the very bottom to help stabilize the temperatures

the costly one: buy a proportional thermostat. There is a reasonable priced one at Big Apple Herp, and probably other places as well. This kind of thermostat is like a thermostat on a dimmer. It doesn't just go on and off, but can be a certain amount on aqnd off depending on the temperatures.

I have been using the hobovator successfully for 5 seasons, though I'm considering upgrading to an incubator that will both heat and cool so it doesn't have to spend the summer in the basement.

ALiza
Thanks

Visit our friends