Incubator Questions

Taquiq

JK Herp
I have a few incubator questions.

1. Do you put the substrate like vermiculite on top of the ground on the incubator and then put the eggs in or do you put the substrates in like deli cups with an egg in it but place the deli cup in the incubator?

2. When you check the temps do you monitor them the temp in the vermiculte or do measure the air temp?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Measure air temp, I think most breeders put the eggs in as you call deli cups, its easier to keep track on what eggs are what then, also very good way of keeping humidity high in a sealed container, exchanging for air once a week.

THE WHISPERER

Deli cups will work, make sure they are the ones without holes in them. i recently found some at a Smart and Final store. I personally use a square Gladware type container, it fits more eggs. And yes the container with the eggs in it should be inside the incubator to be incubated.

THE WHISPERER

here i found a pic for you, you can put 9 of these in a hovabator.

S5008767.jpg

hope that helps.:D

bobina20

yes these answers are great. i recommend vermiculite, perlite is good also, but before you go and use hatchrite i will tell you how it is my friend lost 9 eggs to hatchrite....

Taquiq

JK Herp
Thanks guys. One more question.

Does a Hova Bator maintain proper humidity or do you have to do it?
If so how do you maintain that humidity?

Visit our friends