Incubator Tragedy :(

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Sooo, just when we had a nice full incubator...bad luck strikes us hard. Saturday we were showing out some of the helpers of CC, the eggs. I guess during this time, the temp probe to the thermostat fell out of the incubator and was reading the basement temps. Needless to say, the temps skyrocketed over 100, for about a day and a half.

We don't hold high hope for what is in the incubator, but we are still incubating them like there is a chance.

We had a dozen leopard eggs (including mostly stripes and red stripes) and 3 clutches of snake eggs.

I am really really mad right now...

robin

desire' i am very sorry to hear that. i had something similar happen to me a couple of years back

R

RoseT

I hope they come out ok...the stripe queen needs her stripes!:main_yes: oh and snake eggs too!

S

Sarah H

Sigh....sorry to hear that I hope everything turns out well. :(

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Thanks for the well wishes guys, however we cleaned out the incubator last night. Things started molding and rotting, so we keep throwing the bad ones out to hold hopes for the rests. I can only continue to keep hoping :(

D

Dee

:sad: That's such crappy luck, Desire', I hope you can salvage a few!

Franks_Geckos

Leopard Gecko Addict
I was a victim of a 12 egg incubator mishap a month ago as well. I feel your pain and wish you the best. Mine was not temperature related, but you are definitely smart to be concerned about deformities if the temps exceeded the mid 90's for over a day.

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Update:

We are waiting for one to hatch. Due around the 19th, but with the jump in temps we think it may hatch a bit premature. We will see if it even hatches....about half my eggs died, both clutches of lucy rat snake eggs died as well as half our corn eggs.

Needless to say, I think the stripe queen will be out of gecko commission this year :(

gko reptiles

A New Generation
Im really sad to hear about anyone that something like this happened to. We actually had a problem a couple months back. We had about 70 eggs in the incubator and our power went out. We could not keep the incubator warm enough so really fast I ran out to Wal-mart and got a power inverter for the car. Turned on the car and sat with the incubator in the passenger seat for 5 hours until the power came back on. Needless to say we were scared and it worked.

Phillip Hemingway
GKO Reptiles

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
We do have a backup if power goes out to hook the incubator too. But we hard boiled everything. Still waiting on the one egg to hatch. Looks perfect, but once again I could have hard boiled it. When the 19th comes and goes if it doesn't I may slit the top open to see if anything is living, or if i'm just keeping my hopes up too high.

We have still been getting eggs left and right, however my stripe eggs died :( Roux (the one in my avvie) has started packing on the grams again, so I am going to give her a couple more months and re-introduce her in hopes to producing some screamers this year :)

RaiQuee

Stripes are in!
Okay we have 6 eggs still in the incubator that look "okay" from date of incubator tradgedy. 4 eggs of Bombay's (Super tangerine albino from Marcia), 1 red stripe egg, 1 patty albino egg.

However I have filled the incubator with 8 new eggs since end of June :) I got 2 eggs of bombay's again, 2 patty albinos, 2 red stripe and 2 shts. I just introduced a hybino to my tang albino as well, so eggs from them soon, as well as I am going to throw my blizzard trio together soon as well. We will see...

Visit our friends