Incubator Upgrade:

jakemyster44

The time has come that I have decided to look into a more reliable incubator for next years season. I currently am using a hovabator, but realize this is not the best option. I plan on getting/making a new incubator, and using a few SIM containers in it. I know that people reccomend the nature spirit incubators, but I dont want to spend a ton on one.
I found this one at LLLreptile, and it seems pretty nice, the only thing is, that its a new product and there havn't been any reveiws of it (to my knowledge). Any thoughts on this incubator?
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptile-supplies/reptile-incubators/-/lllreptile-pro-mr148-incubator/
I have also contemplated buying a Helix, and then using a mini fridge as the incubator. I am, however, curious if it would be possible to build my own "incubator shell" rather than using an old mini fridge. I think it would be nice just to take some plastic sheeting and form a box with it, including a see-through, plexi glass door. Then I would put some foam around the outside of the plastic box, and finally cover the foam with some wood. This way I would have an insulated box, with a see through window, that is basically humidity resistant on the inside (this is why I plan to use plastic sheeting, rather than wood). I would then wire some FlexWatt in the back and hook it up to a Helix.
Let me know what you thing of my ideas, I would really appreciate your opinions. If anyone made their own incubator without using a mini fridge, I'd like to know how you went about building it. Thanks for reading.
-Jake

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Thats a bit like the herp nursery 2, you should check that one out as well, has most of the same functions and is very reliable.

jakemyster44

I just got an email back from LLLreptile, they said they have used it with great success. This information, together with the other link you posted helped make up my mind that I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how it works.

robin

shot dont knock a hobavator if you hook it up to a good thermostat they work awesome!

neubauer geckos

Anthony Neubauer
I just got an email back from LLLreptile, they said they have used it with great success. This information, together with the other link you posted helped make up my mind that I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how it works.

lllreptile is very reliable and if they tell you that it works,it works.i live by the store and they have the best prices,service,and quality animals around.

Gregg M

Registered Member
lllreptile is very reliable and if they tell you that it works,it works.i live by the store and they have the best prices,service,and quality animals around.

I see them at most of the shows I vend at and they do have some great quality products and their animals look great as well...

Like I said, their incubator is a bit small for my breeding projects, but I have heard some good things about it...

Visit our friends