Incubator

S

smpherp

Hi,

Can anybody explain to me or give me directions on how to build a incubator that will both work for lizards and snakes. Where I am located i can get heat tape and im not very good at reversing electricity in wine coolers(set 2 on fire).

Would be much obliged.

Thank you
Mike and Sean

Tommy13b

Id recomend just buying a cheap one like a hova bator, or a littlegiant still incubator my little giant still incubator dosent even need a thermostat, it stays 83.7-84 degrees.

B.appel13

get an old cooler...fill 1/2 - 3/4 with water....get a submersible fish heater. (jager has a 50 watt one that can get to 94 degrees) Make a shelf out of pvc and eggcrate and, get a thermo probe to set the heater accordingly and there you go.

Incubator for 30 bucks.

And you dont have to worry about say a hovabator spiking the heats.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I have used this before with moderate success. I think your best bet is to just buy one and then as you become more aware of the whole incubating process you can try your handy skills.

robin

i have hatched beardies, u. milli, leopard geckos, crested geckos, gargoyle geckos, Oedura castelnaui, blue beauty ratsnakes and whip snakes using a hobavator

so instead of building one i think you might be better off buying a hovavator and getting a decent thermostat.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
Yeah, I agree with Robin! And think about this. The Hovabator is pretty much guaranteed to work right out of the box, but your homemade model is not. Plus, by the time you've gathered all the materials, you're not really saving anything.

Get the Hovabator, and upgrade later to something like a Natures Spirit or similar if you like. :main_yes:

Visit our friends