Incubbator

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have used it for the past 5 seasons. For best results, you need to do 2 things:

--put some zip-lock bags of water in the very bottom to serve as a heat sink and stabalize the temps

--get a proportional thermostat (this will cost more than the hobovator) and use it (along with a digital thermometer with probe) and use that to regulate the temperature instead of what the hobovator comes with. There is lots of info on the forums explaining this, so do a search.

Aliza

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Aliza can you give me a description or a video of how you set up up properly for reptiles because I've been trying but most on google,but they have been popping up for Chicks.I will expand my search but sometimes you can trust some peoples on youtube videos.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Here's what you do:

--fill a zip loc larg bag 1/2-3/4 full of water. Double bag it in another zip-loc so you reduce the chance of a leak. Put your bag underneath the metal grate at the bottom of the hobobator so the bag is right on the styrofoam floor. Put the metal grate back on top of the water

--Turn the wafer thermostat way up. Plug the incubator into the proportional thermostat and plug that into the outlet. Set the proportional thermostat for the temperature you want.

--get a digital thermometer with a probe (if your proportional thermostat does not have a digital readout; you don't need one if it does). Put the probe of the digital thermometer and the proportional thermostat probe through one of the hobovator holes at the top. I try to have the probes close together. I put the probes on top of one of the egg containers.

After giving it a day or so for the temps to stabilize, you should be ready to go.

Is that what you wanted to know?

Aliza

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Yes that is what I wanted to know Aliza thank you.I guess I am taking a small loan from my father until I get my job,because I want to get the Hovabator instead of making a Ghetto-bator.

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
Travis me and Aliza came to that conclusion also =) Plus the heating and cooling it will work well because I live Near Chicago and now our weather has been like a roller coaster, and maybe some S.I.M's

Visit our friends