Inpaction

legolas13

My lizard has not pooped in a few weeks and I am getting worried he is in a cage with sand and on a diet of commercial reptile food mealworms and fruits and veggies. He is still in control of his back legs and dose not have a bump on his back. I don't really have the money to take him to the vet but I will if absolutely necessary but I was hopping someone would give me a cure. I have also decided to try vitamin oil warm baths and stomach rubs tomorrow. dose any won have any other cures?

Tongue Flicker

Hardcore Animal Lover
What kind of sand is it on?

Have you tried soaking him in warm water to stimulate bowel movement? Sometimes picking them up like you would a baby by the arms for a few seconds is suffice to make most lizards poo. Also try increasing your temps some more to induce more activity. What are the temps on his basking and cool spot?

KashMoneyExotics

soak him in 88-90 degree water that covers up to about 2/3 or more of his belly gently massage his belly and he will go to the bathroom later. I have done this with almost immediate results. And please take him off sand use paper towel.

legolas13

GOOD NEWS !!!! Bobby (my Bearded Dragon) pooped while I was giving him his bath and it was a mess but atleast he got it out I am now trying to change his diet from mealworms to Dubia roaches (just have to convince my parents about the roach part). Anyway thanks for the help!

DrCarrotTail

It's my understanding that mealworms in general are not good for bearded dragons as they eat so many that the chitin (exoskeletons) can clog up their digestive tracks and impact them. I would switch to crickets and/or dubia ASAP.

Visit our friends