Interesting question

GiggleSheep

Hi everyone I have a quick question. One of my tokay eggs just hatched today (apparently), but as soon as I moved it into its own 10 gallon enclosure, it started shedding. They don't shed until usually around the third day they hatch (so I've read, my first two started shedding about a week after they hatched). So my question is, is it possible for them to immediately shed? It is completely possible it hatched earlier and I didn't notice, but unlikely as I check every day. It is still possible though. I also had another thought, which was maybe the gecko was trapped in the egg? I didn't notice the egg had hatched until the female started eating the empty shell, so is it possible it was trapped until she made a breach in the egg? I'd really appreciate any thoughts on this.

The hatchling is doing fantastic though, so no worries there :) just thought I'd add that

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
CONGRATS on the hatchling! Maybe the air was super dry and caused a shed earlier than the usual 2-3 days?? I don't think she was trapped in the egg - afterall, aren't they all trapped until they HATCH?!

Congrats again! Let's see some PHOTOS!!

GiggleSheep

I'll have some photos up soon! That might be it actually it has been pretty dry lately. And by trapped, I meant maybe it never developed an egg tooth or something crazy like that, so it had no way to break out. Who knows it was just me pondering. haha

Visit our friends