Introducing Adonis and Erianthe!

artes

I made the mistake of going to a reptile expo in Birmingham (monthly thing), and was walking around checking out the beardies. That's when I found Adonis. He was so precious, that while I had zero plans on another pet, I asked my husband if we could get him for Christmas. He agreed, and I managed to talk the breeder down in price. While I was downstairs getting money from the ATM, Sam told him about our other pets. The breeder pulled out Erianthe, and said his friend rescued her from a home that was abusive, and he wanted her to go to a good home, so we could have her for free. Sam agreed, and I went back upstairs to find two beardies in a box instead of one. I happily handed over the money and took them home.

Once getting home, we learned that they were covered in little red mites. So I gave them a couple hour bath with olive oil and Melafix. Erianthe was covered in old stuck skin, and had so much skin stuck up her vent that she couldn't go to the bathroom properly. I cleaned out her vent, got most of the old skin off, bought some Mite-Off, and took them both to the vet on Monday.

It turned out Adonis had a URI, and Erianthe has MBD. They are both on Baytril mixed with calcium (she's on it to keep her from getting the URI since they live together, and to help her foot heal up).

Inspite their health issues, they are two of the friendliest, loving, and goofiest lizards I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. If I do moose antlers and stick my tongue out at Adonis, he will stick his tongue out at me. The photo of him sleeping in my lap was taken the day I got them, and Erianthe took leafy yummies from me the day I got her. Adonis hung out with Sam yesterday and helped him type on the computer, and they both seem to love attention and kisses and affection. They're going to all my family reunions for Thanksgiving so I can give them their meds, and I think they will enjoy it.

Without futher ado, photo time!

Erianthe is on the left, Adonis on the right:
picture.php

picture.php

Erianthe, and you can see her poor foot :( :
picture.php

Erianthe taking a nap in a pile of clothes that were on the bed:
picture.php

Adonis sticking out his tongue at me:
picture.php

And finally, Adonis taking a nap on me:
picture.php