Introducing Tegan - for real this time!

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Hi everyone!

I thought it was high time I dropped by and gave everyone the good news. Tegan was born December 29th at 36 weeks 3 days. I ended up having her early because I was developing pre-eclampsia. We've had a few preemie issues with feeding, but otherwise she's been healthy and was allowed to go home with us when I was discharged. She's just a tiny little peanut - 5lb 15oz and 18" long at birth. At 1 week 4 days old she was up to 6lb 3oz.

Nights are hard, of course, but things are really going well for us. So far, we haven't had any jelousy problems with Cadence. She fell into the roll of "Big Sister" quite easily, and really seems to enjoy it. She helps get diapers and wipes, helps throw the diapers away, and gets us blankets and pacifiers. She'll even take a blanket and cover Tegan when she's sleeping and say "Nice and comfy". If Tegan crys, she'll stroke her head and tell Tegan "Don't cry, it's ok". I really couldn't ask for better!

I hope everyone is doing OK. I miss "hanging out" with you guys.

hugs1wk.jpg

TeganAndDoll.jpg

OK1wk.jpg

smile1wk.jpg

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
She's beautiful!!! And how wonderful that you have such a big helper in Cadence! We miss having you around here too, try to check in with baby pics occasionally. :)

dprince

Mod Squad Member
Shanti, she is just beautiful!! Glad Cadence is being such a big helper - woo hooooo!!!

Huge congrats all around!! :D

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Thanks guys. :D We make fine-lookin babies around here. Just ask me how smooth things are going once my Mom leaves us in about a week. *SOB* Raising 2 kids is way easier when there are 3 adults in the house!

PaulSage

I'm baaaaaack!
Aw, congratulations, Shanti! Sorry if I'm a little late to the party. lol She's gorgeous :)

Visit our friends