Introduction

G

GeckoGroupy

What a fascinating forum. Right now I only have one female Leopard gecko, but am fascinated by all species, and hope to add more. I am involved in Greyhound adoption, and have three retired racers of my own. I also have a Sun Conure, and am in the process of a miniature seahorse reef tank.

I'd like to ask my first, and perhaps silliest, question. Can any other species cohabitate with a Leopard?

Besides my animals, I am the Volunteer and Bereavement Coordinators for a Hospice.

ReptileMan27

Welcome :), as far as your question goes about putting another species in with your leo, mixing species is not a good or safe idea. Even species that have very similar care tend to different just a bit and that bit can mean life or death of one or both species. It also causes stress and other health problems, defently not a good idea.

G

GeckoGroupy

That's what I tended to think, from experience with other animals and herps. Will my female have a problem getting a new roommate that's another Leopard, after a year and a half alone?

moosassah

A sea horse tank would keep me mesmerized for days! Please post pictures when you can. Welcome (and thank you for being a volunteer for hospice--they are wonderful & amazing people!).

G

GeckoGroupy

moosassah said:
A sea horse tank would keep me mesmerized for days! Please post pictures when you can. Welcome (and thank you for being a volunteer for hospice--they are wonderful & amazing people!).

I will post when it has water and gets going. I just moved and the room it's going into (my office) isn't finished yet, and is full of moving boxes. ;)

I'm not a volunteer. I'm actually the Volunteer Coordinator and the Bereavement Coordinator. I'm an employee. :) I'm the one who recruits, trains, assigns, etc. the volunteers, and manages the one year follow up bereavement program. I also do Caregiver support groups.

G

GeckoGroupy

nwheat said:
Welcome to GeckoForums, Trish! I'd love to see some pictures of your seahorse tank when it's set up!!

What a cutie in your avatar!!!

I forgot to add that my Leopard gecko is tangerine, and her name is.....are you ready....

AFLAC. :p

G

GeckoGroupy

So any advice on adding an additional Leopard to my 1.5 year old girl's home?:main_huh:

G

GeckoGroupy

GroovyGeckos.com said:
Better name than Geico.:main_laugh: Welcome to the forums!

Thanks. I've bookmarked your site too!:main_thumbsup:

G

GeckoGroupy

GeckoGroupy said:
Thanks. I've bookmarked your site too!:main_thumbsup:
Aww. Thanks. I really need to photograph AFLAC one of these days. I mean I've only had her a year and a half.

So can I safely give her a new Leopard roommate, now that I'm seeing all these terrific and amazing Leopard color varieties.

Visit our friends