Is a 71 inch long tank too big

marcusbw

I'm wondering if a 71 inch long 1 1/2 foot deep enclosure is too big for a leopard? Should I stay away from a day gecko I'm a beginner

Attachments

• IMG_20210710_171020356.jpg
    IMG_20210710_171020356.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210710_171010728.jpg
    IMG_20210710_171010728.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3

marcusbw

Ok..do you mean like full of plants and stuff? Would I be better off with like a 20 gallon? I'm thinking about getting a baby

marcusbw

I had this tank for sale on marketplace because I thought it would be too big and somebody is coming to get it..I will be buying a smaller tank this one takes up a ton of space..should I get a 20 or 10 gallon vivarium? I was thinking 20 to give the gecko plenty of room..can you run me through a full setup of everything I will need. I'm getting a few hundred for the big tank that way I can buy everything I will need for a smaller setup

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Get a 20 gallon long for a leopard gecko. I recommend you google "leopard gecko care" and read some care sheets because it's a lot for someone to type a whole care sheet into a forum thread. If anything doesn't make sense, or if there are some contradictions that concern you, come back and ask about it and we'll do our best to help resolve them.

Aliza

marcusbw

Ok I've been doing that and will continue on my search..my heart is with the day gecko I'm gunna do the extra research and take all kinds of notes..I hear they are harder to care for..but I'm pretty sure its something I can handle

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I got a gold dust day gecko as my next gecko after a leopard gecko. It's not all that hard, you just have to do the research. If you decide to do this, get one only. They are much more territorial than some other genera and if you get 2 there's a good likelihood you will eventually end up with only 1 if you know what I mean.

Aliza

Visit our friends