is it safe to transfer eggs?

sauroid

is it safe to transfer eggs to another box? there are eggs that i suspect have gone bad in the existing box and i want to save the remaining two eggs (last clutch) by transferring them to a clean container with fresh perlite. pls help and thanks.

janjgeckos

I would put the new box in the incubator so that it reaches the same temp as the old box and you should be fine just make sure egg position dont change. Why not just through out moldy eggs and leave the good ones in the same box they are in?

Ehatcher

I agree with Jerry about just throwing the bad ones out. If you dont feel comfortable with that just take some of the medium out that was around the bad eggs.

But the eggs will be fine with the bad eggs removed

sauroid

thing is, im still hoping the suspected bad eggs would still hatch so im not throwing them out yet, but to be on the safe side, i dont want any bacteria to infect my supposed remaining good eggs by keeping em with the older eggs. ive already transferred the last clutch to a new box/perlite. yes i did not flip the eggs over, same position.

Gregg M

Registered Member
thing is, im still hoping the suspected bad eggs would still hatch so im not throwing them out yet, but to be on the safe side, i dont want any bacteria to infect my supposed remaining good eggs by keeping em with the older eggs. ive already transferred the last clutch to a new box/perlite. yes i did not flip the eggs over, same position.

You would be better off leaving your eggs alone... No bacteria will "infect" your good eggs... Good eggs will be fine even with bad eggs sitting right next to them...

Most of the time when eggs do not thrive, its because people mess with them too much... Do not move them, poke them, or candle them... Leave them alone...:main_thumbsup:

sauroid

well, they've been moved to a new box already. i hope nothing goes wrong. thanks for the info.

Visit our friends