Is my gecko disabled or ill?

Emily1111

I've had my leopard gecko for about 5 years now and she's been this way all her life but i recently began to think maybe she has a sort of disability perhaps. She's always been rather skinny, she eats very little food despite me trying every food geckos can eat. She never walks around when I take her out of the enclosure she just lays there and sleeps. She doesn't shed properly, she has a moist hide and I put her in a water bath but there's always stuck shed around her fingers she's lost a lot of her toes. Her poops dont look like normal gecko poops, theyre small and crusty. She's quite slow, I havent seen her move anywhere near as fast as my other geckos in the whole time I've had her. When I housed her with a male, she laid one infertile clutch in the whole year, they are separated now and have been for the last 6 months. Upon getting 2 other geckos I've begun to realise her behaviour is very different to the others and I'm wondering maybe there's something wrong with her perhaps a genetic issue and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what could be wrong? 20200512_201338.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Based on the picture, she actually looks reasonably proportioned and also doesn't seem to have MBD (Metabolic Bone Disease). If she had it, her limbs would be rubbery. At different times, different ones of my geckos will have a shed problem and need to be "peeled", especially on the toes and tail tip. If you're really concerned, a visit to a reptile vet wouldn't hurt.

Aliza

Emily1111

Based on the picture, she actually looks reasonably proportioned and also doesn't seem to have MBD (Metabolic Bone Disease). If she had it, her limbs would be rubbery. At different times, different ones of my geckos will have a shed problem and need to be "peeled", especially on the toes and tail tip. If you're really concerned, a visit to a reptile vet wouldn't hurt.

Aliza
Ok thank you for your comment. Im not too concerned, as long as she is happy :)

Visit our friends