is there a cheap way to build an auto-mister for my cricket colony?

tb144050

I see the habba mist on ebay for $70, but I would prefer to try a DIY alternative. Is there a way to build an auto-mister for less than than? I need it to spray a dampmist about 3 times a day for 15-20 seconds.

If I need to just buy a mister, what's a cheap one and what are the "programmable spray options"? I just need to keep the soil damp by spraying maybe twice a day for 15-20 seconds. (I have to use a heatlamp to keep the crickets at 78-80F because the house is cold, but the heatlamp dries the soil too fast.)

Dinosaur!

i know this isn't super helpful, but i just looked at ehow.com, and it had easy (and cheap) ways to build misting systems. :) maybe you can find something in there? or maybe someone will know how to do this, and just tell you :D

stager

I made one for my green tree python by using a cheap ultrasonic Misterr from a plant store and putting it on a timer from Home Depot

tb144050

I made one for my green tree python by using a cheap ultrasonic Misterr from a plant store and putting it on a timer from Home Depot

what kind of timer did you use, and what was the total cost? I am guessing you are referring to a "digital timer"? I have an old Brinks analog timer that turns on your lights at night even when you aren't home...but the minimum time "on" is about 15minutes.

I actually gave in and bought a new habbamist last night, but of course if the total cost is right, I will build another one so I can keep soils moist in different-aged cricket tubs. Or maybe I will just get a "T" and make 1 habbamist pump water to sprayers in more than one tub. :)

Visit our friends