is there anything better?

Jetfire

Than coming home after work and finding out that the eggs you figured had at least another week have started hatching? 2012-04-11_00-10-54_309.jpg
1 down,5 to go! Then another month or so before the gargs hopefully start poking their little heads out...hopefully..

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Got my first hatchling this morning too!!! (The shiny stuff on her head is vermiculite. She objected very strongly when I tried to remove it! :rolleyes:)
000_0485 web.jpg

Jetfire

Yeah, the little crestie still has the coconut bedding particles all over it in the pic, it wasn't feeling the mister bottle last night.I incubate in the same bedding as I keep the geckos on; I haven't had any of the incubation issues other people have claimed from using it, side from some slight discoloration on the eggshells

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Congratulations to both of you! That is probably a very exciting thing to come home to!! Keep us updated with more photos, please!

Jetfire

I'm up to 4 baby cresteds now, only 2 juevos left, both of which are like Mexican jumping beans right now.that would make me 10 for 10, eggs to hatchlings. sadly, it looks like my gargoyles will go 1 for 4 at best, hopefully the next round of clutches will look better.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
I've got about a week to wait for the next hatching, but after that I'll hopefully have at least a one set every week!

I figure with the vermiculite on it, I'll be able to easily tell when it does its first shed. Most of it is off now, I just hope she doesn't eat any of it with her shed.

Jetfire

Well,I was only planning on keeping one baby, and restarting my crested collection from there, but I have my son this weekend (Kaelan,cb'03), and he decided that a baby crested would make the perfect allowance for him.well,I saw it as a win-win (it saved me a trip to Walmart, and have me an excuse to keep 2 little cuties..yay!)

Jetfire

Well, after careful consideration,I narrowed down the geckos to the 2 "keepers".I found a home for the other 4 after I subfamily made up my mind. And without further ado.... 2012-04-24_12-15-32_253.jpg 2012-04-24_12-15-55_365.jpg

The red dalmatian brindle is "Charizard", the brown & tan harlequin is "Reese's" (don't judge me)

Jetfire

That's the one my son decided that I'm keeping for him. It looks all peanut buttery during the day, and I only hope it develops it's mom's colors.she has an awesome splash of rusty orange on her throat.

Visit our friends