Is this a ok setup for my Gecko???

leogecko88

I don't know exactly what wattage is ideal for a 10 gal. I have a 40 gal tank and it is taller than a 10 gal tank is. I have to use a 100 watt bulb for day and a 60 watt for night. I am pretty sure that a small tank needs lower watt bulbs. Since you use an under-tank heater, try a low wattage bulb like a 40 watt first.

Reptile carpet is fine. I use it and haven't had any problems.

How you feed the crickets is up to you. I like to hand-feed by holding them in front of her and letting her grab them from my fingers. I offer mealies in a dish. It is okay to drop the crickets in the tank. Just make sure to remove uneaten ones by morning.

If you put the hammock on the warm side, be careful that it isn't too close to the lights. It could get pretty hot. You could try it on both sides to see which she prefers.

E

Ecocavy2005

Cool ill try the 40 watts if i can find them. If not ill probably use 60 watts.

leogecko88

Be careful with the 60 watt. It could produce too much heat when used in combo with an under-tank heater. Most pet stores sell the bulbs in 40 watts or lower.
The only way to know for sure what should be used is to try one.

Last edited:
E

Ecocavy2005

Alright i finally got to work on Porsche's tank. My gf and I went out and got 2 more bowls ( 1 for calcium and 1 for mealworms), another hide for the cool side, a lamp, and a blue and red bulb both 40 watts. I still need a few more things but i should get them this weekend, i have to get abother timer for the red light and another thermometer. I am also going to try and move her to a 20 gallon tank instead of her 10. So heres some pics tell me what you think of the new tank setup.

103_0449.jpg

103_0448.jpg

103_0447.jpg

103_0446.jpg

103_0445.jpg

E

Ecocavy2005

The rock on the right side is the humid hide. It has a UTH under it to. But she hasnt been using it all. all she wants to do i climb and she keeps falling.

Last edited by a moderator:

leogecko88

I like it! Looks like she has everything she needs. Your thermometer looks like it says 77 degrees. Be sure to maintain the warm side at around 88-90 degrees during the day.

E

Ecocavy2005

yeah it has made up 2 80 so shes pretty comfy...lol. But i need to move it cause i think its just picking up the light and not the UTH with the light.

Visit our friends