Is this normal?!???!?!!

Chimmy

My leopard gecko has been brumating for some time now, and I've kept track of his weight he's lost like 4 g. Today I took him out to check on him and immediately noticed that his tail looked really weird. It looked deflated. It's always been plump and stuff but it looks so weird now! I haven't had him for that long and this is my first brumation ever and I haven't seen anyone say anything about a tail looking delfated or dented. Also it's really limpy, when he's sitting on my hand and his tail hangs off the side it wobbles/swings when I gently poke it which it normally doesn't. I tried gently gathering/squeezing the tail and it wrinkled up (I don't usually do that but that shouldn't really happen right...?) 75386 75387
his tail looks like a deflated balloon...
Also his toes look like that because I got him from someone who didn't really know what they were doing so he's lost most of his toes:(
Anyway I would be really grateful if someone could share some info! Should I be concerned or is this fine? Is he dehydrated (I've been giving him baths but like???)? Or is it just weight loss(I weighed him last week and he's only lost like 1 g so would it make that big of a difference?) Idk how much you can tell from the pictures but please help I'd really appreciate any help! Thank you in advance.

Lil Biscuit

Ummmm... I have no idea. I guess if he lost weight really fast he could have left over wrinkly skin. Kinda like when someone gets liposuction.

ppoulto

That is all I can think of - weight loss. They store the fat reserves in the tail, and perhaps he is using that. I believe my Leo is going through brumation. As he lost his tail a while ago ( he was being cared for while we were on vacation) I am really concerned as he does not have those fat reserves. I feed him "carnivore care" which is a fully nutritional supplement high in calcium. I keep the powder in the freezer and just mix a small amount with water when needed. I got a syringe with a rubber tube tip from a vet and use that to drop drops on his nose or force in his month.

Lil Biscuit

Perhaps a very fatty nutrition worm. I'm not sure what this mix stuff is but make sure he is getting worms as well. Something like smaller dubia roaches or horn worms. Personally I'd recommend some butter worms. They're not super cheap and I'd gut load them (or anything else you feed him). But I get the feeling he's not eating probably due to stress.

How long ago did he lose his tail? Is it just growing back?

Visit our friends