Its Tax Time....

bleeding_sarcasm

Rockstar
And many of us are adding up reciepts, and sending our money bye bye.

I would love to hear from some other folks out there, about their 2008 year. Especially if you have any numbers you could provide. Expenses vs. profit, and what your monthy reptile-related expenses were (Crickets/mealworms/electricity/caging, rent, etc) I know David and I invested something like 8k in 2007, and had about 13k total deductions. 2008 we averaged about 750-1500/mo in expenses (but now we deduct the sq. footage of our apt. that is taken up by reptiles, among other things, like that % out of our internet, phone bills, electricity, and large business-related purchases, like the new cam)

I would also love to hear from you what the numbers say about this last year vs. years prior when it comes to expenses and profits. I know that with the complete devaluing of a lot of different morphs, and a lot of major players getting out of the bussiness all together, this was a pretty shoddy year for the leopard gecko market (including the world in general, but leos compared to even other reptiles suffered hard)

Also, if you dont mind me asking, local sales (like trade shows) vs. internet sales. Where were you hit the hardest? What did you average as expenses and profits from shows, how many did you vend, and how is that different from last year (vs. years prior)

Any other thoughts/comments about the current leo market, and the progression lately?

ajveachster

I don't have any specific numbers, but just the other day we talked about getting extra renters' insurance because even starting out we have sunk a few thousand into racks, geckos, an incubator, scale, tanks, etc...and that isn't even the consumables that we go through every month.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I didn't even keep track last year. I spent thousands more than I made back. I'm sure it will be that way this year, too. Maybe someday I'll break even...

Visit our friends