Jabberwocky

PetVet

I have shown off plenty of my leo's but never my sexy devil, Jabberwocky. So here he is...
P1060082.jpg

got him from TND at an expo sometime last year...October, I believe. I always store up names for my leo's and when I picked this name up I knew I had to save it for a very special dragon. So I fell in love immediately with this beast and knew he was mine :) My Jab-Man.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Very pretty Dragon :)

but I thought Alfalfa pellets were considered a bad choice for substrate, if I remember correctly, I think it was b/c they get damp and harbor bacteria or something?

Last edited:

PetVet

I haven't had any issue with it becoming too moist as of yet. I'm monitoring it though, I just put it in on valentines day.
I did the basic paper towels for a while ,since that's my norm w/ my leos, but he wants to dig...and dig....and dig. So I opted out of sand and walnut shells and the corn cob stuff. These are digestible if he eats it even though he eats out of a food dish, he can dig, it looks pretty (well more so than paper towels), isn't messy, makes cleaning his huge poops a breeze, smells clean...blah blah. Thought I would give it a try. He has a reptile carpet underneath of it because he digs right on through lol.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
I haven't had any issue with it becoming too moist as of yet. I'm monitoring it though, I just put it in on valentines day.
I did the basic paper towels for a while ,since that's my norm w/ my leos, but he wants to dig...and dig....and dig. So I opted out of sand and walnut shells and the corn cob stuff. These are digestible if he eats it even though he eats out of a food dish, he can dig, it looks pretty (well more so than paper towels), isn't messy, makes cleaning his huge poops a breeze, smells clean...blah blah. Thought I would give it a try. He has a reptile carpet underneath of it because he digs right on through lol.

Well it does look nice :)

RyuuKirin

he's beautiful!

Ryuu's a digger too, but I hated the sand she was on... *I* ended up getting sick from it... but she's got a "sandbox" now... (a plastic shoebox w/ sand it in) that she sleeps in, or gets to play in when we're outside... she loves it... and I get the ease of reptile carpet again :)

PetVet

Thanks everyone! Wow, you got sick from sand Whitney?! What are the odds lol. Hmm..that's a nice idea though, a nice little sand box. I may consider that!

RyuuKirin

@PetVet- yeah... I got ecoli from it. I'm normally SO careful about washing my hands and stuff after handling everything, but I poked her plant back into her sand that day w/ a finger and forgot to wash my hands... fairly certain I ate lunch after that. =/ it was not fun. The odds were slim- but at least it was easily treated ((moreso than fish tb which somehow I didn't catch, thankfully))

PetVet

Wow! That is a crazy situation. Odds are slim but someone somewhere is bound to, glad it got all fixed up & you are better though :)

Visit our friends