Job hunting and interviews

Emyo101

Well I have been applying to like everywhere for a summer job. I got a call today about going in for an interview at a store for a summer job. I haven't set up a time to in yet since she called my house phone and not my cell (I'm at college), but are there any tips anyone could give me about going in for an interview? I have only been to one and that was last year and I though it went really well but I didn't get the job. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to blow this one or any others I might get!

Khrysty

Be confident. Go in with a firm handshake, introduce yourself. Smile! Wear something that looks nice, but that you're not uncomfortable in. Allow yourself to loosen up (this goes with the smiling thing lol). Don't overthink any interview questions. Your first instinct is probably the answer they're looking for from you.

I've never had a bad interview yet :)

Good luck!

Riyo

Pet Human
Dress nicely and professionally
Be polite
Speak clearly
and most importantly: Be confident in yourself! If you're confident it shows and other people will pick up on that :)

Good luck!

snowgyre

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to college for? Is this an internship you're applying for or just a temporary summer position at a local business?

M

Marsbar0418

Hey Emyo,

I am a Human Resource generalist so here is some good interview tips. Even for a summer job.

First dress for the interview. First impressions are everything.
Be prepared: Do some research on the company just incase they decide to ask some tough questions.
Makes sure they know your expectations. Be honest about your availablity.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Believe it or not questions are really a good thing. It shows you are really interested in learning all about the position and what it requires.
Bring a resume... even if you have limited working experience it helps to come prepared. Have references available but don't provide them until requested.
Make sure you maintain good eye contact and don't be afraid to show a little bit of your personality.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Emyo101

just a summer job to make some money so i can help my mom pay for my school things this year, mostly housing. and thank you everyone for the advice, i really appreciate it!

Just out of curiosity, what are you going to college for? Is this an internship you're applying for or just a temporary summer position at a local business?

Emyo101

well i got another call for another interview, so i have on this sat and the other next wed. i have a question, should i take my eyebrow ring out? does stuff like that turn employers away? just wondering...

Visit our friends