jungles & raptors

ofek

Can someone please explain the connection, if there is between raptors & jungles? How can jungles be created?
thank you guys.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Can someone please explain the connection, if there is between raptors & jungles? How can jungles be created?
thank you guys.

Jungles are a pattern variant. It's a line bred trait, and there is no connection between raptor and jungle genetically, other than the orginator of the raptor morph(tremper) used jungles in his program, so there is probably some jungle traces in the raptor line. Jungles can be created by breeding Jungle to Jungle, if you breed a non-jungle to a jungle, you will get some hatchlings that have a broken, jungle-like pattern. It is just like SHTs(and SHTCT and SHTCTB). As well as stripes, reverse striped, and bold striped.

ofek

Thank you...that's what I thought, but I saw in some threads that raptors & aptors can produse jungles. Now it makes sense.

godzillizard

I believe it went like this: Years ago, breeders saw that some geckos hatched with just a slight break in the banding, these were/are called "aberrant". Aberrant geckos were bred to each other, eventually producing the first "jungles". Then, jungles bred to jungles eventually refined into the "striped" pattern. And when stripes were bred to each other, reverse stripes first occured. Then, Reverse stripes bred to other stripe types produced the first pattern less stripes. See the theme here? The pattern was selectively bred to produce geckos with pattern perpendicular to the natural phenotype (banded) Pattern is polygenic, (unless it's masked with Murphy Patty or Blizzard etc.) so really, you can get all patterns with the (R)APTOR complex, depending what you breed it to. Hope this helps :)

robin

I believe it went like this: Years ago, breeders saw that some geckos hatched with just a slight break in the banding, these were/are called "aberrant". Aberrant geckos were bred to each other, eventually producing the first "jungles". Then, jungles bred to jungles eventually refined into the "striped" pattern. And when stripes were bred to each other, reverse stripes first occured. Then, Reverse stripes bred to other stripe types produced the first pattern less stripes. See the theme here? The pattern was selectively bred to produce geckos with pattern perpendicular to the natural phenotype (banded) Pattern is polygenic, (unless it's masked with Murphy Patty or Blizzard etc.) so really, you can get all patterns with the (R)APTOR complex, depending what you breed it to. Hope this helps :)

this has not yet been proven ;)

i don't think it's quite that easy. they seem to be related yes but how they are made is quite the question.

from my breedings it seems a bit different than this ;)

Wandering Paddle

Jungles are a pattern variant. It's a line bred trait, and there is no connection between raptor and jungle genetically, other than the orginator of the raptor morph(tremper) used jungles in his program, so there is probably some jungle traces in the raptor line. Jungles can be created by breeding Jungle to Jungle, if you breed a non-jungle to a jungle, you will get some hatchlings that have a broken, jungle-like pattern. It is just like SHTs(and SHTCT and SHTCTB). As well as stripes, reverse striped, and bold striped.

There wouldnt be raptors without there first being jungles. Jungles unlocked stripes, and stripes unlocked the eclipse trait.

I would argue that most stripe/jungle patterns are incomplete recessive, not polygenic. The exception to it being recessive would be blizzard hets and snows, particularly mack snow bells het blizzard

robin

There wouldnt be raptors without there first being jungles. Jungles unlocked stripes, and stripes unlocked the eclipse trait.

I would argue that most stripe/jungle patterns are incomplete recessive, not polygenic. The exception to it being recessive would be blizzard hets and snows, particularly mack snow bells het blizzard

i dont think all stripes unlock the eclipse trait. however i would not be surprised if snake eyes and eclipses start popping up in the "bandit" line

robin

ok marcia, we both agree that the P in raptor is a stripe, a hypo stripe? correct? and are not stripes and jungles in some way related?

eyelids

Bells Rule!
I've never bred a Stripe or Jungle into my geckos... The original parents were Aberrant x Aberrant and Aberrant x Blizzard... Over the years I added only a few other geckos none of which were Stripes or Jungles... I've hatched tons of Jungles and a handful of Stripes from them... So I go by the theory Brian mentioned...

Visit our friends