just got tokay geckos!

Star1

I have been considering getting tokay geckos since I first saw one a few years back but was nervous because of their bad reputation. I finally decided to just go for it and got 2 over the weekend. They're 3 years old and I was told there's a male and female. My sister named them Cheech & Chong. She didn't like my idea for names: Copy & Paste.
They were living with a golden gecko a dumpy tree frog and marbled gecko when I got them so I separated each species. Instead of 2 new pets I got 5 new pets!

Attachments

• 20130113_183855.jpg
    20130113_183855.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 78
  • 20130113_202654.jpg
    20130113_202654.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78

Rylee

3 Year Member
That's awesome. Personally, I think their bad reputation is overdramatic, the one I had a couple years ago was fine with handling. Have you tried to handle them yet?

GiggleSheep

Nice looking geckos! How big are they? They look way too small to be three years old, more like 3 months. If they are only a few months old that's perfect! Best to start getting them used to handling before they can cause any damage. They are really spectacular animals :)

jenna

I noticed from the pictures that your tank looked kinda bare, did you add some more plants and hides? That could help them to calm down also. They dont like to feel exsposed. I use fake plants because I can't keep real ones alive. The love them just the same. I have some on ever wall of my tank. And I have 2 hides one for each. I plan on getting some cork board to place in there for a vertical hide to.

Star1

New and improved tokay gecko home. There's a waterfall in the back corner to help with humidity and there's a hammock behind some of the leaves.

Attachments

• 100_7443.JPG
    100_7443.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 66

Visit our friends