juveniles together?

sas

I finally got 2 beautiful cresties! I got them yesterday both just under 10grams from the same breeder- but they were not housed together
Last night I put one in a 12×12×18 enclosure that I had prepared and it was exploring and this morning I noticed it even had eaten its repashy!
the other one I put in a smaller enclosure-a kritter keeper. It too was exploring and I saw him drink water after I had misted too. Bit he didn't eat - which Is fine cos I know it can take them a while to get used to a new place.
I feel bad with the one in the kritter keeper because it is small and not really much height. I have a 18×18×24 to separate them when they weight abit more until I can tell if they are both female
but do you think I can house them together until then tonight in the 12×12×18? There are a lot of Vines and things to hide and I will put a few food caps in. I know I will have to watch them incase they dont get along. What do you think?
IV referred to them as "he" just because it is easier but they are too small to know sex yet

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
I wouldnt, when there is a difference in weight often the smaller gecko gets bullied, and right now being smaller he should be in something smaller until he is around 10g anyways. And you have to remember he just seems lonely, these guys do not actually have the capacity to feel that emotion. They also are pretty antisocial in the wild, they come together for breeding then go their separate ways. Just give your wee one a few days to settle in, if youre seeing feces, he is perfectly fine.

sas

I do have a spare 5 gallon tank - it was my fat tails so it doesn't have much height. But I could stand it on its end and then it will be around 20 height and 7 length and width. I'm guessing. Will that be too high for a 9 gram juvenile? I will put in a lot of vines etc

darkridder

Melissa the Scientist
No that will be fine he is about the size you would upgrade to a 10 gallon tank anyways and he could live in that until around 12g before needing a 10 gallon tank. But honestly if the smaller one is 9g it would be fine to move into a 10 gallon now.

Visit our friends