Keeping AFT together

Sadie

I've been curious about this for a while now. I have finally decided to ask. Does anyone here house more than one AFT together? I've heard you can house females together. Does anyone here do this? Any issues ever?

Ambyrlynne

I'm fairly sure, not positive that they're like leos, you can house 2-3 females together but like with any animal, never house 2 males together. (=

I am interested in getting one so the question is on my mind too.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have two enclosures of 1.2 AFT's that are together all year round. They tend to like to cram themselves into the same hide, though they have more than one hide to choose from. I have had no problems with them.

ALiza

EverEvolvingExotics

40 gallons is more than enough room. Just make sure to give them plenty of hides and places to feel secure. From what I've read and talked to others about they are like ball pythons in the sense that they hide 80-90% of the time. If you give them a big 40 gallon tank without making them feel secure you may run into issues. I'd highly recommend either putting up place material along three sides or creating a fake rockwall for the sides, something to make it less open.

Post some pictures when you get it setup, everyone like enclosure pics.

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
You can keep FEMALES together. Males will kill each other. I usually individually house all my breeders, but because I have so many, next season, I'll be housing my adult and raise up females in groups. 3 adult females per 32qt tubs, and 3 raise up females per 15qt tub. I always house males individually!

cherishedtiger

I have a 1.2 in a 20L, 3 hides, one huge 2 small. They like to cuddle in the large one of course. Never had any issues, they all seem quite happy together. And like others I house them together year round. :) as always though, dont house males together. :)

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
I've got so many different genetics, it's not worth it to pair one male with 3 females all year. I do like the idea of having 3 female groups, as it's going to save me a ton of space!

Visit our friends