Keeping Mealworms

itsalliyaaa

Does anyone have any ideas to keep mealworms at the proper temperature (42-50 degrees F) without putting them in the refrigerator? My parents won't let me put them in there and they're starting to turn white.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dupecaliente

Techie; Leo enthusiast
I had this same problem! My parents weren't exactly thrilled by the thought of worms in their fridge, but I finally convinced them to keep them in there. Before that, I kept containers of mealworms in a mini cooler (typically in the $7 range--around here, at least) with a small ice pack. That seemed to do the trick.

JessJohnson87

If you can't keep them in the fridge, you can put them in a 6 quart plastic shoebox with some oatmeal at room temperature, they will turn into beetles and make new baby mealworms, like an endless supply of worms and you won't have to buy more.

My grandmother was the same way about keeping frozen mice in the freezer when I had my Savannah monitor, but I finally convinced her that the dead mice wouldn't harm the meat so long as we didn't put them in the same bag.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Put them in the basement if you have one. I have moved this thread to the proper sub forum. Please check the sub forum to make sure you're posting in the right place.

Aliza

321ttocs

Buy oats and put the oats in a 10 gallon tank with the mealworms ontop then thay will turn to beetals and will make more mealworms.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Visit our friends