Knob tail sand

goReptiles

I've heard a lot of people using 50/50 ration of plain, fine grain sand (no calcium based sand) and coconut coir.

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
Get 60 grit washed sand from home depot. The 60 grit doesn't retain moisture as much as the 100 grit so you can avoid skin problems.

lbratcher4

Thanks for all the advice, I talked to someone on facebook that said use jurassic sand has anyone ever used them?

stevesharpie

Jurassic sand is the best stuff out there for Nephrurus, although you can use pretty much any washed natural sand it work just fine. Stay away from Calcium based sands the stuff is garbage.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I use Jurassic Sand and I think its great. Its suppose to be very fine without being dusty; I read somewhere that said every grain has round edges, so its less harmful even if swallowed.

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
I use the same sand in all of my tanks now and have never had any issues. I use natural Desert sand, i buy big 4kg bags and the sand is quite damp, i throw it in the tanks, smooth it out, put in all the furniture and stuff and when in dries its very compact and hard so there isn't much loose sand. Its natural, easy to clean and doesn't have an odor.

Cheers-

Darren

Visit our friends