KTyne's Naturalistic Build

KTyne

Kayla
I started my newest project today! I'm turning my empty 40 gallon tank into a naturalistic set-up for one of my Leopard Geckos. It will be my only "display" tank and I'm quite excited! I'll post pictures as I work on it. :)

Here is where I'm at right now. :)

IMG_4478_zps8efc3839.jpg

Just cut and put together the styrofoam today and will be letting that dry for a few days before the next step.

I'll be using styrofoam, "great stuff" spray foam, and grout. :) Plus some other stuff that won't be part of the actual background.

KTyne

Kayla
Next update, here is where I'm at now with my background. :) Carved the styrofoam and applied the spray foam. Now I just have to decide if I want to add anything else.

IMG_4480_zps7416278d.jpg

IMG_4481_zps8ee1b45d.jpg

IMG_4482_zpsbd490973.jpg

IMG_4483_zps4be918c8.jpg

IMG_4484_zps2a1c8f82.jpg

IMG_4485_zpsfde28955.jpg

Lindz0518

I am definitely not patient enough for that. I recently tiled all my tanks and split a 40 for the 2 boys and that was about all I could handle lol. I would like to do something like this for my bearded dragon someday, since my leos just got tank makeovers. Maybe I will learn some patience, but I doubt it lol.

KTyne

Kayla
My girl's only in a 20 long right now. I'm gonna try to upgrade her at some point and probably will do something like this then.

~Maggot

A 20 would work for this as well. You could could do this with a 5 gallon if you wanted. :p

I am definitely not patient enough for that. I recently tiled all my tanks and split a 40 for the 2 boys and that was about all I could handle lol. I would like to do something like this for my bearded dragon someday, since my leos just got tank makeovers. Maybe I will learn some patience, but I doubt it lol.

I don't have much patience either but I have a lot of time to spare too, lol.

Embrace Calamity

A 20 would work for this as well. You could could do this with a 5 gallon if you wanted. :p
True. It's just that 20 longs are kind of narrow, so putting in a background kind of makes it more narrow. I want to upgrade her sometime anyway and might as well wait til then.

~Maggot

KTyne

Kayla
Yeah I know, the 40 gallon I'm doing this background for is just barely wider than my 20 long because it's not a 40 gallon breeder (the shorter, wider ones). That's why you make lots of climbing areas on the background and so that adds the floor space that you're losing from putting the background in. :)

Embrace Calamity

Yeah I know, the 40 gallon I'm doing this background for is just barely wider than my 20 long because it's not a 40 gallon breeder (the shorter, wider ones). That's why you make lots of climbing areas on the background and so that adds the floor space that you're losing from putting the background in. :)
Where I have my leo couldn't hold a tank more than a few inches longer, but it's only taking up half of the width. I'd like to find something that would take up the entire top of the dresser she's on. Might have to do something custom.

~Maggot

Visit our friends