Learned something new today!

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
I wanted to do a really good deep cleaning on the totes today, so like I've done a million times before, I took my 2 male ball pythons, Nobody and Osiris, out and put them in a clean 40 gallon tank together.
After the first couple minutes, I noticed that one of them was wagging his tail... Hmmm....
Then there came the slight shoves and pushes.
Okay, I need to finish this up and get them seperated.

Next thing I know, they are beating the living crap out of each other! They're wrapping around each other, throwing each other against the walls of the tank! Just all-out trying to take the other out!
Now mind you, these 2 boys have grown up together! They have NEVER showed signs of being combatitive! EVER!! And they are both 8 years old!

I got Nobody out and he proceeded to completely let loose and lemme tell ya, the smell coming out of a testosterone riddled male? Unpleasant!
Then, Nobody gave me a loud hiss and tried to take a shot at me.

Both these boys are completely worked up now. They both are pacing their totes, everting and acting like dominant... primates.

My big girl, Maya has turned into the Great White Shark again, so I figured breeding season was upon us. I guess theres no doubt about it now!

I've seen male Retics and Burms behave like this during breeding season, but this is a first for ball pythons! Anyone else ever see this before?

Retribution Reptiles

Stripe King
I have heard of putting in breeding male into a non breeder male that you want to stimulate breeding with. Doesn't seem like it would be out of the ordinary.

Visit our friends