Learning Spanish

Airilith

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to learn Spanish. I'm looking for an affordable CD/DVD or other software option. I think it's going to be necessary for my job, and I was hoping to start soon so that I could have some basics under my belt before I start.

Thanks!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I learned Spanish 20 years ago by signing up for 1 to 1 lessons with a native speaker at a language institute. It was pricey, but I did 75 hours over the course of 8 weeks during a summer and was able to speak fluently as well as read and write by the end.

Aliza

LeosForLess

i hated Rosetta Stone, from what i can remember back in 7th grade. But then again, im taking latin in high school.

fallen_angel

Fallen Angel's Geckos
Me too, but I heard it was $300 or something, is that right? My father wants to buy it for me because I have been taking Japanese classes, but that just seems like way too much money. Although, it would take 4 college classes to become fluent, and if you add up all of the money for that, it'd be well worth it to just go ahead and buy the program instead. It's also supposed to be the best program for learning languages. If you can find a native speaker that can give private lessons as Aliza did, that is a very great route to go as well :)

Visit our friends