Leo’s not eating moving-food (mealworms,ect.) solution

brandy101010

I have never tried them. But I just bought some phoenix worms and man do they wiggle! I bet those would work for your guys too. not only do they wiggle alot they are easy to keep too. just keep them in the bowl they come in and no need to gutload because they are naturally high in calcium.

Jeff876533

Jeffrayy
ya but the thing is, they probably wont walk out because either it'll shake them back into the center, or they still won't move. I think i might buy one at a near-by petco or petsmart and if it doesn't work well, i can just return it:D

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
It won't be vibrating unless you trigger the remote. You're probably better off setting a scheduled feeding time (they will learn over time when to expect food to show up), and give them fresh mealies every night. So long as they are eating and gaining weight, you don't have to worry.

How old are your leos?

Jeff876533

Jeffrayy
um my tangarine hypo named goblin is 9 months, and im guessing my other one named tweek is 5 months, but they never told me how old or what morph he is

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Crickets may provide the sort of movement they're looking for. Generally speaking, young leos are stimulated by the movement.

You can give them a mix...a few crickets and mealies in a bowl. Count the mealies when you put them in, and then count again the next day to see what's missing. That way you'll know if they're getting enough food or not.

Visit our friends