Leo things I'm stealing food

Anejodave

My son's leo constantly bites my finger as I'm putting wax worms in the tank. It acts like I'm stealing the food. It's not hurting me a bit since my fingers have so much scar tissue but what can be the result of this behavior?

The leo doesn't do this with anything other than worms. In fact she often takes crickets from my hand with no problem.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Maybe she is just trying to strike for the waxworms, They do love them, if she is just missing and getting you, why not try taking the bowl out of the tank filling it with the waxworms and then placing it back in?

- Sean

77gecko

what's one more....
I use tongs to feed :)

plastic-feeding-tongs.jpg

STUTFL

Maybe she is just trying to strike for the waxworms, They do love them, if she is just missing and getting you, why not try taking the bowl out of the tank filling it with the waxworms and then placing it back in?

- Sean
Waxies look more like fingers than crickets do, too. ;) Easy to grab the wrong thing. :main_yes:

ILoveGeckos14

There was this one time I was going to feed a waxworm when one of the girls deliberately attacked my hand to get me to let go of it. I know she did it because like you said ive had my hands in there scaring crickets and directing mealworms plenty of times with no attacks. It was hilarious how much I jumped back because she is usually the most timid one!!!:shocked2:...:main_laugh:

F

fikken

yeah like said above its probably a mistake she just thinks the worm and finger are alike. i use long feeder tongs and my gecko still gets the tong cause she gets too excited for the worm and bites the tweezer

Visit our friends